Saturday, February 27, 2010

much ado about nothing....

Today started out with a 4:30 a.m. phone call from my dear friend Holli-Aynn to tell me to prepare because Hawaii is under a tsumani warning.  I hung up, eyes barely open, and turned on the TV.  There was Joe Moore telling us that this would not be like the other tsunamis, but that they expected BIG, and that everyone needed to heed the warning and

GET TO HIGHER GROUND.

So we packed our car with pillows and blankets, packed the coolers with whatever we could find in the fridge, packed the suitcases with diapers and clothes.  Threw the tent, coolers, rugs (thats how we roll in Hawaii), cots and chainsaw in the truck.  We waited for half an hour for gas, hit up the ATM and headed for the hill.  Luckily Tame's nephew and his family live on a beautiful hill in Hauula and were more than generous to let half of the town run up there to hide. 

So from 6 a.m. til one we camped.   Cards were played, books were read, oreos were eaten and smashed all over camp, and naps were taken (by one man in particular-- see the evidence).  We waited, and waited, and WAITED!

For nothing.

Thanks Heavens.

 I have an entire day with nothing to do and no where to go since everything is closed.  So today I will catch up on the blog.   

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad everything worked out ok and that you are all safe:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your children are so clothed in all these pictures. I miss them and their disdain for clothing. You are all so beautiful. I MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete