Saturday, February 27, 2010

Happy Hearts Day

      

I just love the holidays.  I love to make them special.  My husband laughs, in awe, because he says this is a whole new world to him.  I stayed up late cutting and hanging up hearts in all different colors and sizes.  Then I woke up early to make the pancakes, hot pink ones of course.  I cut out a bunch of hearts and put the kids initials on one side and a coupon on the other side then hid them around the house.  They went on a scavenger hunt to look for the ones with their initials.  I was excited to wake the kids up for their valentines suprise, but when I woke them up it was more like a valentines nightmare.  Since church is already at 8:00 am, I had to wake them pretty early.  Once Malia and Shalye got what was going on they were pretty excited, but from Tevita all I got was a "DESTROY VALENTINES DAY" in a deep, loud growl. Then I just about destroyed him til he made my lei into a heart shape and told me how much he loved me. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the valentines stuck to their tummies. That was such a cute idea. It makes me miss the kids. I wish we could be there to share in more holidays, games, and events with them.

    ReplyDelete