Thursday, November 12, 2009

Writers Block

Why is it that my life is passing me by, and so many things are happening, and everytime I sit down to blog I have writers block.  I mean severe writers block.  Like it is late at night and my mind is jello and I just want to look at facebook so I dont have to think.  But then I realize almost a month has gone by, so many little moments are happening, and I must write about them!

It has been a hard month with Tevita.  Tame and I have been pondering, thinking, analyzing, fasting and praying about this little man of ours.  He has been extrememly defiant lately, and cannot focus on anything.  We have talked a bit about getting him tested for ADHD, but I really am not a fan of this considering he is a boy and he is five, and I think they all just might have ADHD to a degree.  But we do both feel the need to really focus on him, and his way of learning, and his way of listening.  We are struggling to find just whats going on in his little mind.  At times he is the sweetest boy, but we have noticed a REAL problem if things are not the way HE wants them. 

First was the primary program practices that he refused to participate in.  I was so angry at him, but really inside was feeling half guilty that he probably got the fear of public speaking from me.  I mean REFUSING to even go near the stage during practice.  He had no problem standing on his head near the sacrament table or juming across the benches or kicking and screaming his way out of the building, but forget even the thought of going near the stage.  Imagine how dissapointed I was when he woke sick that Sunday morning and had to stay home.....not at all!  Malia and I went, and she was so excited for her nursery class to participate in the program.  I gotta say, I was shocked that she was not a bit shy at all, and was in fact a bit upset when she did not get to say her entire line cause she forgot a word.  She did say "I love my dad and mom and baby sister Shalye".   So cute!!

Then there was the Halloween parade at school.  I love Halloween and thought my kids would too, you know with the candy and all.  But this year, like the last Tevita has refused to put on a costume.  Nothing, no coaxing, no bribing, no punishing, NOTHING was gonna get this guy to participate in the parade!  Instead he did this.......



while the other kids did this.......



It was not worth the fight so there he screamed and cried and flailed his little arms in the air while Malia and I watched the parade.  I really did think that maybe, just maybe, he would get a costume on that evening to actually trick-or-treat considering that there is handfuls of candy at stake, but to no avail.  Instead he was excited to be the one passing out the candy.



Malia LOVES dressing up though ans she insisted on being a green butterfly.  Thank goodness for Captain America for making that butterfly sparkle, or she would have been a bit dull.  But isnt she gorgeous.  She had no problem walking up and down Moana street collecting her small fortune, and corrected anyone who called her anything other than a green butterfly.



And Shalye was a chicken for about five minutes before deciding her bed was so much more cozy than her costume.



Astroboy has been the largest reason for anger around here lately.  Thats right folks, Astroboy!  The little toy that comes in the McDonalds not-so-happy meal.  This has been a real obsession for Tevita and I mean an obsession that McDonalds cannot keep up with.  They are only updating their toys every week or so, but he wants the whole collection of Astroboy toys.  NOW.  So we stop by McDonalds daily to harrass the workers for the next shipment of toys.  (And he has not even seen the movie.) Here is my little Astroboy now.......



Oh wait, that is just Tevita and his other new obsession.  Trying to see how far that little naked body of his can slide across the floor.  And while he is busy sliding across the floor Shalye is eating Jell-O............Ummm, I mean wearing Jell-O



She is still keeping us on our toes and shocks us every day how much alike Vita she is, both in looks and personality. She will find a way to get what she wants.  In the picture above she opened the cupboard, climbed on the shelf, then onto the cupboard door then onto the counter.  As sweet as she still is most of the time, that strong-willed side is starting to shine.  Why is is that all my kids are SO strong-willed anyway?  ALL of em'.  Is it in their genes? 

And thank you Mom for the Halloween Box.  We love you!


Happy Halloween everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Just got done reading the whole post. I love the way you are expressing yourself through the blog. Don't doubt yourself for a second. It's so good. Have to love that last picture of Malia. How funny. Love you and can't wait to see everyone.

    ReplyDelete