Wednesday, November 18, 2009

All I want for Christmas..........


Today I went on a date... with Tevita... to the dentist... to get fillings for the first time.  I was so scared for him because I know he HATES shots, so I had the doc prescribe meds to calm his nerves.  He was so scared to take the medication, reluctantly took a few gulps and refused the rest. (Note to self -Bad idea to schedule the dentist appointment on the same day he watched hundreds of kids line up to get jabbed by a needle while screaming their heads off for flu shots at school.  I say watched because he REFUSED to get his! Terrible planning.)  So he decided he was going to be brave and do it without the prescribed medicine.  Now don't get me wrong, I really like the kids dentist, but he has this policy that parents wait in the waiting room while the kids get their teeth worked on.  So there I was, wanting desperately to hold Tevita's hand, wipe the tears that snuck out while he was trying to put his brave face on, and tell him everything would be ok.  Instead I was kicked into the waiting room by the older latina lady hygenist. And instead of me holding his hand, he sucked on nitrous.  Little did I know when he went in to get a few cavities filled that he would come out with this........



I know it is hard to see in the picture, but he came back with not only a silver tooth, but also one less tooth!  That's right.  The doctor pulled his bottom front tooth right out from his mouth.  Not at all the way I had expected the first tooth to go, but after choking back the 'my son is growing up TOO fast' tears, I gave him a big huge hug and kiss.  And then spoiled him at Target with a new Transformer toy.  He has not stopped playing with it since he picked it out.  And now that he has a new Transformer toy he is happy again!  And ready for the tooth fairy to come.




PS. He requested the tooth fairy to bring him fifty five cents so he can get another transformer.

No comments:

Post a Comment