Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My Shalye

Oooh how I love this girl.  She is maybe the most quirky thing around.  Every day she has me laughing, sometimes not even at what she says but just how she says it or the voice that she says it in.

For the last few months she will only refer to Malia as 'Shalye'. 

Nearly anything you tell her will get a squeaky response of "Welcome Mom". 
For example: 
ME:  Shalye, I just love you so much.
SHALYE:  Welcome Mom.
or
ME:  You look so adorable in that outfit!
SHALYE:  Welcome Mom.

It never fits, and I laugh every time.

She will always stand at the bottom of the staircase and say, "Tall, tall mountain.  Too big.  Carry you!"




Truth is, it really does not matter what she says.  It is that squeaky voice and the mannerisms that go with it.    I love that she gets to spend so much time home with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment