Monday, December 7, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving



I know this is so long overdue, but I really hope that every body had a great Thanksgiving.  I know I did.  It was a wonderful, relaxing, beautiful day.  Tevita and Tame woke up and rode bikes to the ward Turkey Bowl, while me and the girls stayed home and prepared food for the get together at Kalisis house.  We met at Kalisis around noon and enjoyed food, family, and football!  The weather was beautiful and the cousins always have such a great time getting together. 
After eating we came home and Sharon came up for the afternoon.  We just hung out, completely stuffed adn I think we all took naps.  That night I put up the christmas decorations since I was kindof bored and we got a new TV so we had to rearrange our living room anyways.
This year I even made a pumpkin pie from scratch!  I was not really feeling Halloween this year, so after we went to the pumpkin patch our pumpkins sat in our garage for over a month.  I have no idea why we still had them sitting in our garage the last week of November but we did.....and I was so glad.  The pumpkin pie was so good and so easy I ate the entire thing by myself in a day, and then made another one and ate that too!  I will never make pumpkin pie from a can again.  I swear!
I have to take the time and just write a few of the things I am grateful for.  I feel like I have been kind of negative lately, not for any particular reason, just negative.  So here goes for the many things I am so grateful for.  First is my family.  I have a wonderful husband who loves me and loves his children.  I have five step children who I love very much and am so proud of them.  I never tell them enough.  I am grateful to Tevita, Malia and Shalye, who on a daily basis teach me, love me and make me laugh so hard.  I have been blessed with such perfect family and friends.  Sharon has been my rock in so many ways, and I am so thankful to her for loving my kids as much as I do. 
I am grateful to have a house and a job, but more grateful to have my freedom and my health.  I am grateful for the gospel and the peace and guidance that it brings to my life.
I am so blessed!  I am so grateful!




No comments:

Post a Comment