Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The dreaded call

"Um, Mrs. Uluave, this is Mrs. Lamone, school counselor at Laie Elementary."  My stomach hurts.  "Well I have Tevita here with me in the counselors office because he punched a kid in the nose and gave the guy a bloody nose."  My stomach really hurts.  "Well he is here with me and I have been trying to figure out why he punched the little boy in the nose and he just is not answering me.  He is just talking like nothing ever happened.  He does not seem mad.  I do not really understand what is happening here.  This is really a first for me.  Usually I can figure out why they would punch a guy in the face".  Umm, I am still frozen.  My stomach still hurts and I am still trying to comprehend what the school counselor is telling me.  Now believe me, I was not completely shocked to hear that he punched a guy in the face.  He is a sore loser.  If he gets embarrassed he gets angry.  But for no reason???  I had to get to the bottom of this.  So when I picked him up from school I asked him how his day was, and then how recess was.  He just spit it all out "Well, recess was fun, well not really, well I just punched the boy in the yellow shirt in the face.  Oh, no not the face.  It was the nose.  I just punched him in the nose and the red one went everywhere."  I was poking and prying hoping he would give me some reason, but really there was no reason.  He just was being BEN 10 and fighting all the bad guys and the poor little man in the yellow shirt happened to be the victim.  So the afternoon was spent making cookies and a card, and the evening was spent begging forgiveness from the poor boy in the yellow shirt.  Here is the card.  Tevita drew a transformer, two hearts and a butterfly on it.  Of course what any little boy would want a picture of, right?



And the two boys did make up, high fived and hugged.  But I hope many more afternoons are not spent making cookies and cards.  And for the record, Tevita is no longer friends with Cartoon Network or Disney XD.

3 comments:

  1. Hi I just went into my blog after about a year and found your comment. What a fun thing to find. It looks like your busy being a mom. Well I am officialy an empty nester. Ashley has gone and left us for Logan (USU) she is having a fun time. I can't believe how much time I have on my hands. It has been about 30 years since I have had free time. Well just thought I would say Hi. I am into blogging now so lets keep in touch I do have a blog but it is a different one than the one that you saw it is under dalencandy16@hotmail.com have a great day love candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you remember the time I had to buy flowers and take them around to every house on our street and apologize for my children? Trails Edge Lane in Virginia. That was not a happy day and I totally felt like a failure as a mom and thought the whole neighborhood hated our family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA! oh my gosh kari! This made my day.. not that Tevita punched a kid... (obviously) haha! but I can picture every second of this story in my head!!!!! I MISS YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!

    ReplyDelete