Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The good news and the bad news

I picked Tevita up from school today and I asked him how it was.  His answer:  "Well it was good and bad.  Well the bad news is lunchtime.  It is so boring and I got the hiccups."  I asked what the good news was, and his reply, "I don't know".  "Well, what did you do today?"  I pried.  "I don't know."  I asked him if he read any books, again he said "I don't know". 

Ummmm.... I think we have a problem!!!  I don't know, I'm just sayin.

The good news is he knows that he is a boy and has a penis.  And in his own words, "I am a boy because I have a penis.  Well girls don't have a penis.  They just have two butts".  And this little bit of information he has passed onto Malia who now informs me of this every time she goes to the bathroom.  Even in public restrooms.  I cant help but crack up a little every time she shares this information with me.

And some more bad news.  Shalye wont stop throwing up.  On me!  And the couch, and the floor, and the bed.  Its been almost twenty four hours now and she has not kept anything down.  I have to admit I love the cuddly, sweet, huggy baby she becomes when she is sick.  She just wants to cuddle all day, which is the perfect reason for me to come home, hop into bed and hold her.  But it totally breaks my heart when I see these droopy eyes staring at me. 










And some more bad news.  Our wonderful, sweet, beautiful, fun, babysitter Skyann (the one who posts all the photos and movies on facebook for your enjoyment) just moved back to Utah today.  She will be so missed just like all the others are.  My kids have been so blessed to have some AMAZING people in their lives to help me out.  I have been so blessed to know the girls watching my kids are not just babysitters, but family who have fallen in love with my babies.  I know they are safe and in good hands when I go to work.



1 comment:

  1. Oh poor baby Shalye I hope she feels better. I swear your kids are the funniest kids I've ever met:)

    ReplyDelete