Saturday, June 5, 2010

Schools OUT!!!

I love summer!  We have had so much fun already and it has only been two weeks.  I decided not to put Tevita into Summer Fun cause I wanted him all to myself.  I love the late nights, lazy days, every day at the beach, movies, family and friends. 
Right after Tevitas Kindergarten Graduation we went  to see Shrek 4.  The kids loved it, and Tame and I enjoyed it too. 
The next week we went to Hukilauland and crashed every day of Laie 7th Ward Camp.  We did not know we would spend the entire week there or we would have set up a tent. 
but. it.was.just.SO.fun
I had no choice! 
The week was full of  all things Disney. 
They even had a light parade with the kids dressed up holding their glow sticks.
The highlight had to be Game Night!  If you have never seen Minute to Win It, you should.   It is such a fun gameshow, and so easy to incorporate into family night, reunions, work parties etc. 
Tevitas highlight was the nerf swords hands down.  He walked with sword and shield at all times, ready to battle any one that got in his path.
I personally loved the slip-n-slide!

We set up the big screen projector last night and watched Alice in Wonderland and Fantastic Mr. Fox.  The yard was full of friends cuddled in blankets on the grass.  It was such a beautiful night.
In two weeks we will do it again, and hopefully every Friday after that til school starts again.

Next week we go to Laie 8th Ward Camp at Kakela. 
We are so excited.



1 comment:

  1. I love it. I can just picture everyone on your grass watching the movies. Those are the kinds of memories the kids hang onto forever. That's really cool that you can provide that little bit of entertainment for the kids. The ward campouts sounded really fun too. Those are the advantages of living in a small, tight knot community.

    ReplyDelete