Saturday, April 24, 2010

Have I ever told you that Tevita is
ABSOLUTELY, TOTALLY, COMPLETELY
SCARED.TO.DEATH
of anyone watching him do almost
ANYTHING!

I am not completely sure where it started, I believe it was somewhere between May Day and graduation his preschool year. 

(these pictures were taken at his preschool graduation)

He has recently said, in his own words, while talking about this years May Day, "I am just really nervous mom.  I just don't like people watching me at all.  Its like there is a fight going on with me and my nervous and the nervous has been doing a lot of exercises and is stronger".  He said this while clenching his teeth and tensing up every little muscle in that body.  I KNOW how scared of public attention is because I am the
exact.same.way.

I feel his pain, and yet it completely drives me crazy.   No bribe works.  Not even the light-up sword that he had been begging for for weeks.  (he told me he would wait for Santa Claus)  Basketball games, christmas concerts, Super Citizen.  You name it, he will run.

He had his first baseball game last Wednesday. 
Would not go near the field. 
He told me he had to "ease" his way in while taking one slider step closer to the bench and then realizing it was just TOO much for him to handle before running back to the fence.  By the end of the game he did pose for a photo shoot because he thought I would let him go home if he took his picture. Wrong!  During the last inning he did muster the guts to bat, but instead of running the bases....he ran to the fence again.
So imagine how PROUD of my little man I was during his second game when he hit that baseball and ran ALL the bases,
twice! 
 He even played the outfield!
(and tackled his teammates multipe times football style for the ball)

WAY TO GO VITA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment